Pages

Tuesday, July 6, 2021

Hub Town Trip

  Hello Readers, welcome.

Yesterday, my hub and I went to Margaret Mahy and when we arrived we were separated into our teams. Some went to Victoria Square, some went to the Wakas, some went to feed tuna and look at mats and some just stayed at Margaret Mahy for the first rotation. 

My favourite part of the trip was going on the Waka because I really liked paddling and helping move the boat around the Avon River. 


Something I learnt was that Victoria Square was originally a trading market where people would bring stuff they wanted to trade. Something I also learnt about Victoria Square was that it was named something else before it was named “Victoria Square.”                                

 

The thing I found the most interesting was that the Story arc in Margaret Many was telling a story. I was also very interested in the writings on the story arc was the lyrics of a Māori song.

 

This trip has helped me with my PBL because I have learnt a lot of stuff through the trip and now I know a lot more things about the different places that we went to and a lot of the Māori art so I can put it in my PBL. An idea I have for my PBL is a diorama that has native trees and stuff like swings but as with Māori designs we are allowed to use like korus.


I hope you enjoyed reading my blog post,

have a great day.


Q: Have you ever been on one of the wakas down the Avon River before?

 Q (Question)


7 comments:

  1. Hi Jaidyn,
    Good job at writing your Trip Recount. I loved how you explained what you learnt. I have also learnt that Victoria Square was originally a trading market. Maybe next time you could write about all the other stuff you did. I have been on a waka before, and it was splendid. Did you sing anything on the waka?

    - Izzy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for commenting on my blog Izzy I really appreciate you taking your time to comment on my blog.

      Delete
    2. We did sing a song, Thank you for asking me a question!

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Jaidyn
    Great job I love the recount you explained it super good. Yes I have been on a waka on the Avon river before. Maybe next time you could write more detail into other parts too?
    Eli

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Jaidyn,

    You have done a lot of writing about your trip into town, well done. I did not know myself that Victoria Square was a trading market or that it also had another name. Very interesting information. No, I haven't been on the Waka, but it seems like it is very much a lot of fun. I wonder if you will go on the Waka again?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I would definitely go on the waka again it was really fun.

      Delete


To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - Begin with a greeting. Talk about something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A comment that will mean something to me to let me know you read/watched or listened to what I had to say. - use any language.
3. Something helpful - Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.
Encourage me to make another post